Tuesday, December 16, 2008

F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G!!!!

Ruthie and I took the kids to Champaign to do a little shopping and to meet up with her friend Kelly.  Kelly was there at the hospital the night that Lily was born and we haven't seen her since so it was nice to see her and for her to see Lily...Deep breath. WOW! That was a little too long. :)

After spending a few hours in the mall we got the kids all bundled up because it was colder than it should have been, got out to the car, buckled them all in, got in, shut the door, started the car, and then.....NOTHING!

The van was D.E.A.D. dead.  Jake was crying because it was cold.  Lily was laughing because Jake was crying.  Hannah was doing nothing, thank goodness. Ruthie was looking at me like I was joking and I was trying not to start crying.

I flagged down 2 nice boys angels who were much nicer than they needed to be.  They were so great.  Not only did they jump the car for me, they scraped my windshield and waited for us to leave.  Who ever said that chivalry was dead? I am so thankful for them.  Ruthie and I were frantically looking through purses to see if there was anything that we could give them for being so great.  I thank God that they were there for us.

After about 3 seconds on the road we figured out that the wipers weren't working, the fluid was frozen in the lines and we had a 45 min-1 1/2 hour drive home in the dark while it was snowing.  Anyway, it was an adventure.  We survived.  We made it home and all of us are alive.  Praise God!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails