Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blast from the Past

I had the opportunity this Christmas season while at my parents to sit and reminisce.  We had a wonderful time recalling a lot of the fun things that we did as children and some of the not so fun. I got pictures while I was there and wanted to share SOME of them.  I think I will try to do a little something every once and awhile so that I have things written down somewhere and I am sure that some of the people that look at this will either recognize the people, the pictures, or recall the actual incident.

P1070691

I love this woman.  Look at her FABULOUS hair and the expression on her face!

P1070790  The colors there are unparalleled.  The women get so dressed up to step out in public.  In some ways it is what we here in the States were like back in the earlier 1900’s.  I wish that we were still like that.  I get so sad when I see people out and about in pajama pants, looking like they just couldn’t care less about who they meet.  I have been plenty guilty of this in the past.  The good ol’ days…

P1070896

This is Hanna.  She was one of my best friends growing up.  She is married now and has a BEAUTIFUL daughter.  I don’t know who her husband is and have never met her daughter.  I am terrible at keeping in touch with everyone from there but have been making some feeble attempts at communication more recently.  I would love to be able to go back and share my new life with my old friends and my old life with my “new” family.  Maybe someday.

P1080243

The woman in blue is like a second mother to me.  She was our “ayah”.  She took care of the house and us, especially since my mom did travelling.  She always knew everything about everyone.  Not something that we loved but I am sure that my mother did. :)  I would love for her to meet my children.  I am sure that she would consider them HER grandchildren and if we were living there, I would want her to be there for them like she was for us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails