Thursday, February 19, 2009

Home

005

As we were coming home the other day I snapped this picture of the water tower.  Something about it just makes me smile. (Maybe the big smiley face???) There are so many things that we don’t have here.  The town is small and there are not a lot of the amenities that we have gotten accustomed to.  I have to say though, there is a certain amount of charm in a small town.  Things like this water tower.  There are barrels up and down each side of the main street that goes through town that are decorated with seasonally appropriate things…right now there are some plants with a birdhouse nestled in the middle. I love seeing them and seeing the new things that get put into them.  I have to say that it would be interesting to know how one would go about getting the job of decorating them. I love that the smaller, private businesses in this town are open for 40 hours a week. This means that things close early on Thursday so that they can be open on Saturday and closed on Sunday. Or, the little sign that says, “Open by appointment.”  Or that you can go pretty much anywhere in town and see someone that you know. At first I looked at this more as being a frustration but after a little bit of thought I realized that this is all CHARM!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails