Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

This post is a little late but the way I see it, better late than never!

We had a great time. My mom, Ruthie, and Josh drove out from Minnesota for the weekend. Esther was already here so we had all the girls together with our mom for the first time in around 6 or 7 years. It was so nice to be together! I was the speaker at the mother/daughter banquet at church. We all got dressed up and headed over there with Lily and Hannah. On Saturday I went in to work for a little bit of catch up and my mom went to the Laundromat to do about 8 loads of laundry before the week long trip to Minnesota. Our laundry room flooded while we were at the banquet on Friday night. It was pretty exciting! Anyway, it flooded a second time on Saturday. SO, needless to say we were not thrilled about that situation.

We went to church on Sunday, had a wonderful lunch, took a quick nap and then hit the road for the LOOOOOOOOONG drive to the cities.

Joe and the kids made our day with some beautiful red roses for both my mom and myself. Then he pulled this out.

IMG_0451

Growing up my dad always bought my mom, my grandma, and my great-grandma an orchid to wear on Mother’s Day. I remember every year I would look at them and think that they were so beautiful! This year my dad wasn’t able to be with us all on Mother’s Day but Joe pulled out all the stops and had one for both of us. :) I was so excited that he remembered! Thank you so much honey!

IMG_4666

My beautiful children! I love them so much! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails