Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Word

While perusing through the many blogs on my reader I came across a FABULOUS thought! The idea is that you think about a word, one word, that speaks to you for the coming year. It was intriguing to say the least and I have been thinking about it now for a few days and have come up with what I think is the perfect word.

Nurture.

foster: help develop, help grow; "nurture his talents"

rear: bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"

raising: the properties acquired as a consequence of the way you were treated as a child

nourish: provide with nourishment; "We sustained ourselves on bread and water"; "This kind of food is not nourishing for young children"

With a new baby in our future and three beautiful children that I feel sometimes I don’t appreciate enough I decided that it is going to be my focus this year. I want to try and do something every day, big or small, that has something to do with my word. I am hoping that through this I will be inspired to be the mother and wife that I know I can be, the parent that my kids deserve, and the woman that I want to be.

I know that I love my children passionately but I want to make sure that they do too!

Also, novel thought…this applies to my wonderful husband as well.  So, let me know what your word is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails