Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do you not burst into tears?

So, the drama began about 15 minutes before we walked out the door for dinner at the church. All the kids were ready to go, I ran into the bedroom to grab my shoes and turn off lights. I heard some interesting noises while I was in the bedroom so I quickly wrapped it up, called the kids to meet me at the door to leave and only got two children who actually responded. Lily and Jake met me at the door with a funny expression on their faces.

Concerned, I began to look for Hannah. Then I found her. Doing this.

IMG_8239

Needless to say I began to have a panic attack. What you can’t see in the picture is that she did have a cup that she was scooping water out of the toilet in order to drink it.

Note: I have to say at this moment the only thing running through my head was, thank goodness I didn’t leave the toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet. I do that 9 times out of 10 while cleaning the bathroom. Saves on the scrubbing time.

Step 1: Scrub the baby. With LOTS of soap and water including the hair because she had poured the water over her head.

IMG_8241

Step 2: Get the baby dressed and ready for church, the second time. With 5 minutes before we needed to be there.

Step 3: BRUSH THE TEETH!!!!! I felt like brushing MY teeth after seeing her drinking out of the cup.

IMG_8244

By the time it was all said and done we walked in just a few minutes late and she now smells fresh as a daisy. :) I don’t know if I will let her out of my sight for awhile. Maybe I should invest in some sort of toilet lock.

Note: Joe was wondering why, if I was so horrified by the whole experience, I took pictures. I have to say that the first thing that crossed my mind is that I need them for blackmail in the future. Wedding slideshow perhaps?? It is all about the little things right???!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails