Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Project Life

So, I did a post about Project Life earlier and thought that I would put up an update on it. I have gotten some questions about what it is and how I am doing it so hopefully this will give you an idea of what it is.

I have taken pictures of the different weeks that are already finished so that you can see how I am choosing to do it.

When it came in the mail I already knew I was pregnant so I was trying to decide if I wanted to wait and do it as a 365 project for the baby’s first year or if I wanted to start right away and do it of our day to day. I decided to start right away, partly because I have no patience and didn’t want to wait and partly because I didn’t think that it would be fair to the other three children that live in this house to have a book like that for the youngest and not the rest. :) Needless to say, I really think that I made the right choice. The kids have LOVED helping out with it. They have asked to look at it whenever I put the new pictures in. It brings me so much joy to see them appreciate it.  I love watching them sit on the couch together flipping through it and can’t wait until it is totally finished so that we can see the entire year in one neat, FINISHED, book.

So, enough raving. Here are weeks 1-7. Maybe this will become a weekly post so that I have some kind of accountability to actually print the pictures weekly.

The cover page.

IMG_8249

Week 1 (I started the 27th of Dec so that I could do my book from Sunday to Saturday.)

IMG_8250

Week 2 (Notice that some days are pictures drawn by the kids. I want to keep it low pressure so on days when there isn’t a lot going on and I don’t have something to take a picture of the kids fill in with some of their treasures.)

IMG_8251

Week 3

IMG_8252

Week 4 (It doesn’t always have to be pictures either. I put in the card from a funeral that we went to one day. I have seen people put in receipts from trips, shopping lists, anything!)

 IMG_8253

Week 5

IMG_8254

Week 6  (The red leaf design on this page is actually a divider that separate the months. There is a different design for every month and is nice because you can easily flip to whatever month you want to look at without any hassle.)

IMG_8255

Week 7

IMG_8256

Anyway, that’s it for now. This post is already WAY too long. The others should be shorter! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails