Sunday, May 23, 2010

Progress.

It is amazing to me how productive one can be lying in bed. Of course, only with the help of a wonderful mother and husband. I have been going through box after box of STUFF. Slowly but surely the goodwill bags and garbage bags are piling up and the stuff to go out to the garage or to get put away is diminishing.

There is one more project to cross off of my list now. My mom and I spent an evening putting together the kids memory books for Lily’s preschool class. They turned out pretty cute. I did tweak my original plan just a little. It was a good feeling to send them all to school with Lily on Friday for her teacher to pass out to everyone. I don’t know if I will do it this way ever again but I would like to do some variation of it every year (within reason) so that we have some fun memories from the school year.

IMG_8878

 

IMG_8880

IMG_8881

IMG_8882

IMG_8883

IMG_8884

IMG_8885

 

IMG_8886 

I am kind of sad that we have the preschool graduation on Monday morning. It is so exciting to think that we will be having a kindergartener in the house but also a little sad at the same time. I can’t believe how old she has gotten. I was laying next to her the other evening and watching her sleep and had one of those, “Look at how big she is” moments. You know the moment. When you look at your baby and realize that they are way to big to be a baby anymore because you see how long their legs are or how grown up their faces look or how skinny they have gotten? Enough of that, I may start crying.

I am also very excited to announce that my dad is officially a seminary graduate. He has accepted a call to Alaska and they will be moving very soon. We are going to miss them a lot and the frequent visits will be coming to an end but there is a silver lining. We are going to get a chance to go to Alaska to visit them. No plans in the works yet and I am sure that it will be awhile before we can afford the trip but we will make it out there eventually. One more state to cross off of the list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails