Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Paper" Dolls

I have been meaning to post this for awhile and keep forgetting to take the pictures.
I found this! at Moda Bakeshop. Love it! It has been on my list of want-to-do projects for awhile now.
I wanted to give the kids a little gift when they came to the hospital the first day to see their new brother so my mom and I ran out to buy some sweet little fabrics and found too many! We may have gone a little overboard with them. I am still trying to finish all of the outfits and am feeling a little overwhelmed. We made enough for them to have a start. My intention is that the wardrobes for the dolls will be added to over time and they will get new pieces for it until they decide that they don't want to play with them any more. We have one made for each kid, including Matthew because he will want them eventually and it was easier to make him a set now than start from scratch later.
They have all named their dolls and LOVE dragging them around everywhere they go. I think that they will enjoy playing with them on the plane to California.



Those are the hospital pictures.
The girls each have a girl doll. Hannah's is blonde and Lily's is brunette. The boys each have a boy doll. Jake has a brown haired boy and Matthew's is also a blonde. They each have a bag to carry everything in and a little billfold for all the shoes. It is the best toy for them because everything is held together with velcro so even Hannah can dress and undress her doll.

Here is a small sampling of some of the clothes that we made.




Lily insisted on having a purse for her doll. I would never have made it but my mom is a sucker. So she got a purse for the doll that matches Lily's bag. Apparently that is what Grandmas are for. :)

So, there you have it. They all have names, some change more often than others. I am looking forward to the 20 minutes of peace and quiet on the plane that these will give me. Hopefully.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails