Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful on Paper-Week 3

thankful_on_paper_250
Here we are. Coming in on the end of this little endeavor. I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is so close!
This week I am thankful for my siblings.
Yes, it is true. I love my siblings and have nice things to say about them. If you had talked to me about them 20 years ago I don’t know if I would have been able to say it but I definitely can now. I love what growing up and becoming an adult does for relationships.
First off. Esther. She is the sister immediately after me. She is a shining example of a giving, gentle, passionate woman. She is gracious and never wants to let anyone down so she will attempt to do too much. She is so kind. We were so blessed last year when she came to live with us and look after our kids while I worked. I knew that it would work but didn’t know how well it would end up working. The kids treasure that time that they had with her and still talk about her regularly.
IMG_0824
Next is Ruthie. She is number 3 in our line up. She is driven to accomplish, whatever it may be. She is also a very passionate person. She has such a heart for missions, home and abroad. I love that about her. She has found a wonderful man that shares her passions, dreams, and desires. I am looking forward to getting to see them more often now that we are moving to Iowa and will be considerably closer to them. She is all about being the best wife she can be and making her home a refuge.
DSC_0197
Lastly is Johnny. Or, as he is now known to all but me, John. He stayed with us briefly this summer before going to Russia on a trip and it was so fun getting to know him as an adult. He has always been my baby brother and now he is a man and it has been really fun getting to see him in a different light. He is so responsible and very caring. He has a very analytical mind and is very passionate about his beliefs. I love that so much.
IMG_0230-1
Of course I have other siblings now that have been gained by marriage. Matt, Christie, David, Rachel and Josh. I am thankful for them and for all the fun things we have done together and all the memories we have shared. I love that my family has grown so much and my kids have all these people to love them and pray for them. I am thankful for them all! Each of them add to our lives in a different way. I look forward to all that is to come.
Some of you we see more often than others but know that you are all loved and missed.
Thank you all for being there for me and for my family. We miss you.

*Join up with Rachel. What are you thankful for today?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails