Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful on Paper

thankful_on_paper_250

I am excited to take part in this project. Rachel from No 17 Cherry Tree Lane had such a great idea for the month of November. I had originally thought about doing a daily things I am thankful for but decided that would just get to crazy to try and keep up with in our current transitional situation.

So, today I am thankful for my parents.

They have been my examples and role models for my entire life. I don’t think that I could have asked for anything better. My mom has taught me so much about being a mother and wife. I have found myself asking the question “What would mama do?” on a daily basis it seems. My dad has taught me to enjoy and to find humor in every situation. I often sit there reading, watching, or doing something and wishing that my dad was there to laugh with me.

I love them both so much and now that they are forever far way (in Alaska) I feel like I have to try so  much harder to make them a part of our lives. I can’t just pick up the phone at any time and call. They are busy. They work. My mom has fearlessly thrown herself back into working full time and with the time difference it definitely makes it a little harder.

So, thank you parents. Thank you for helping me to become the woman I am and thank you for your teaching. Thank you for teaching me the Word of God and giving me the tools to know that I am only a shadow of what I should/could be so that I can strive daily to be the woman that I know I can be.

I love you both.

Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails