Saturday, January 22, 2011

Project Life 2010 and 2011

I have not posted anything recently about my Project Life experience. Seeing all the stuff that Rachel is doing is motivating!

I have an order of pictures that I am waiting for to finish out the month of December and then I will be done.  I have done all of the rest of the work. Once those are here I will be able to post pictures of the finished product. 

Looking back over the last year has been so fun. I think that this project has been fun because we can look back and remember the little things in life. I went through so many pictures this summer from when we were little and there were ones in there that showed little snippets of life. Ones that weren't a part of a big event... just living. Those were the ones that I loved seeing. The ones that showed our everyday life, the friends that we had, the things that we did, the special toys that we loved more than anything else. Those are the moments that I am trying to capture.

I have already found Hannah sitting on the couch with the book in front of her, looking at all the pictures and telling me about them. 

I love that. 

I love that my kids contribute to the book. I have been doing the photo a day format and I do pretty well most of the time. There are weeks that there just isn't too much going on and the camera gets forgotten for a few days but those are the perfect days to throw in a little piece of life. A receipt. A bill for something. A drawing one of the kids makes. Something from school.

So. When I saw that Becky Higgins was releasing a new design I got really excited. The plan was that I was going to see how the 2010 year went. After seeing that it was something that I can keep up with I decided to continue the project. 

The kits were released on Amazon on the Thursday before Christmas. I was kind of bummed out because I was hoping that it was going to be something that I would find under the tree. Imagine my surprise when I opened up the Turquoise Edition! It is beautiful! My husband is the best! He got it shipped and it arrived on Christmas Eve. I was thrilled that I wasn't going to have the agonizing decision of having to pick which one I wanted. Joe chose it, I love it, the end!

Here are a few pictures. They hardly compare to the ones that she has on her site but it will show you a little of what it looks like.

The Binder.


The Title Page


A few pages in. The filler cards and the title cards.


The super cute box that holds everything and the journaling card boxes.


These are the large journaling cards. They fold in half for those days that you have too much to say for the regular cards.


The stickers that come in the kit. I don't know if I am going to be using them too much. I didn't use the ones from last year much so we'll see about this year.


The paper that came in the kit. They are so cute. I am having all kinds of thought swirling around in my head. I don't know what I am going to do yet.



The end page. I love it.


The cute storage box. I don't think that I am going to keep it in this because I like having it out so that I remember to actually do it. I am sure that I will be able to come up with something fun to do with it.


Here they are. So cute. They love this kit as much as I do.



I can't wait to get the January pictures in. They should be here soon. I will share a quick peek at how it is going once they are in.

More to come...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails