Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update

I am excited to report that my mom is doing great! Thank you so much for all of your prayers!

I talked to my dad after the surgery while my mom was still in recovery. They were able to do the surgery laproscopically which will decrease her recovery time exponentially. They removed the whole tumor and found that it was NOT cancerous. They only had one small complication, the tumor ruptured as they got it out so they had to do a little extra irrigation in order to prevent any infection. They are waiting for the rest of the labs to come back and confirm. She was discharged too and is back at the home that they have been staying in for this trip.

I talked to my mom last night for a while and she seems to be doing really well. She said that she was impressed at how well she was getting around. She will have an appointment tomorrow to follow-up after the surgery.

Praise God! She has come through this so well. God had his hand on her through this whole experience, from arriving in Anchorage and getting a place to stay to a clean surgery without any drama. I am so thankful for everyone praying for her. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

(Here is a little throwback love!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails