Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Spicy Honey Mustard Pork Roast

I found this on Allrecipes.com, one of my go-to sites to find tasty dishes.

3 lb pork roast
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp black pepper (I don't put quite this much in. It gets to be a little much for the kids)
1/2 tsp dried, crushed thyme
1/2 tsp salt

Score 1/2 inch slits in the roast and place it in a baking dish. Combine the honey, mustard petter, thyme and salt. Mix until blended. Brush the mixture over the roast. I put it in the fridge for a little while (an hour or so) before putting it into the oven. Preheat the oven to 300*. I add some water into the bottom of the pan too so that there is a little bit of liquid for the potatoes or rice. Bake for one hour. Remove it from the oven and flip the roast in the pan. Return to the oven and continue baking for 45 minutes to an hour. Let it stand for 15 minutes.

Make sure that the internal temp is 170*.
I do roasted red potatoes or mashed potatoes with this most of the time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails