Thursday, December 29, 2011

One Little Word-Take 3

Hello all! 

To recap...

In 2010 I posted this. My word was "nurture". I loved it. I felt like it was the perfect word for where I was then.

In 2011 I posted this. My word was "commit". I wanted it to be an extension of the year before. It flowed perfectly. I feel like I was able to do the things that I wanted to do.

This year, I find myself building off of the word from last year again. I want to just focus a little more on the important things and release myself from others. I want to provide quality instead of quantity. I want to encourage my kids imaginations and do less "stuff".

I want them to know what really matters. 

We started this pre-Christmas and I want to continue the trend throughout the coming year. 

This year my word is 

simplify

I want to simplify everything. 

I feel so overwhelmed at times with schedules, events, and commitments.
Overwhelmed by the stuff, the house, the drama, the constant upkeep of the unnecessary.

I want to clear out, manage, and eliminate things that are not precious. Things that are not loved. 
I want to focus on the journey. I want to be present and undistracted.

Here is to the new year, 2012! Hopefully this new year will bring amazing experiences and lots of fond memories.

*Check out Ali's post here. She has lots of them going back years. This is the most recent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails