Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Joy Dare

I found this today. Apparently I have been living under a rock because I haven't heard anything about this book. While I haven't read it I do think that this "Joy Dare" is an amazing concept. I find so much joy on a day to day basis but have never actually stopped to think about the things that bring me that joy. 
I am looking forward to sharing some of the things that I come up with throughout this month. 

The basic idea- Snap a photo or record three things a day that you are thankful/grateful for or things that give you joy. There is a printable list (you know how I do!!!) that I am going to put into my home management binder for now. I love a good list of prompts to get the ball rolling!

I have been thinking about going back to the beginning in regards to writing it all down. When I was in college my roommates and I all started to keep journals. We all bought this book from Barnes and Noble and proceeded to write everything into it. I kept it with me all the time. It was about everything. I would add in pictures or things cut out of magazines, doodles, notes from class, movie tickets, expired drivers license, etc. Now that I think about it, it was my version of project life! It was ridiculously fat when I was only halfway through and the binding began to split so I abandoned my documentation of life.
The Joy Dare is something that I could see doing that way again. I love writing on graph paper, I love being able to add in some pictures if I want and being able to just write around it, I love that it is something that I can keep accessible. 

Join me! Let's document the joys of life-the expected and the unexpected. With everything going on in our daily lives it is easy to lose sight of the truly important things in life. 

A sampling:
2. a) a gift outside- the amazing weather! It has been in the 50's again today!
    b) a gift inside- the washing machine
    c) a gift on a plate- coconut rice and Hawaiian chicken. So tasty!
5. a) something you are reading- The Primal Bluprint by Mark Sisson.
    b) something you are making- Wrapping up the December Daily and Project Life books this week
    c) something you are seeing- the kids playing on the floor in the living room



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails