Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Little Word

Here we are, embarking on a new year. I am excited to continue choosing a word that I want to focus on throughout this year. In 2010 it was "nurture", in 2011 it was "commit", in 2012 it was "simplify".

This year I am choosing something really broad. I want my word for 2013 to be family. It is so general and cliche but I have tried to think of other things and keep coming back to this.

This last year has been really challenging for my family. This year we have had cancer rear its ugly head, my dad nearly died after a medical procedure and my dear grandpa joined our loving Savior just a few days before Christmas. All in all it has been challenging. All of this is to say that I feel like my focus needs to shift. I want to treasure every moment with the people that I love. I want to have the assurance that I am making the most of every day. I don't want to have regrets. I want to continue making memories and documenting life. I want my family to know how much they are loved and valued. I want to take time for the little things because they matter.

So, here's to 2013. Here's to family.

2010, 2011, 2012

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails